Ukraine forces have begun withdrawing from the embattled town of Debaltseve, Ukrainian president, Petro Poroshenko announced on Wednesday.
The President said 80 per cent of Ukraine’s troops had vacated the key town on Wednesday morning, with more to follow.
Fighting over the town, a major transport hub, has been on going for many months now. Pro-Russian rebels had seized control of most areas of the town, despite a ceasefire pact.
Russia foreign minister, Sergei Lavrov, said Ukranian forces had been encircled and were forced to battle their way out.Follow Us on Social Media