The Nigerian government on Monday released the full list of the 27 key industries and products included in the revised list of pioneer status incentives for prospective investors.
By the end of the meeting of the Executive Council of the Federation, FEC, last week, the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Okechukwu Enelamah, disclosed the approval given to the 27 industries.
However, Mr. Enelamah did not, list the 27 industries.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, later confirmed that the creative industry was among the 27.
Earlier, the trade and investment ministry announced the lifting of the administrative suspension on processing pioneer status incentives, PSI, applications for prospective investors in the country.
Some of the benefits of the pioneer status include tax relief, mainly for corporate income tax.
Below is the full list of the 27 industries to enjoy the pioneer status.
1. Mining and processing of coal
2. Processing and preservation of meat/poultry and production of meat/poultry products
3. Manufacture of starches and starch products
4. Processing of cocoa
5. Manufacture of animal feeds
6. Tanning and dressing of Leather
7. Manufacture of leather footwear, luggage and handbags
8. Manufacture of household and personal hygiene paper products
9. Manufacture of paints, vanishes and printing ink
10. Manufacture of plastic products (builders’ plastic ware) and moulds
11. Manufacture of batteries and accumulators
12. Manufacture of steam generators
13. Manufacture of railway locomotives, wagons and rolling stock
14. Manufacture of metal-forming machinery and machine tools
15. Manufacture of machinery for metallurgy
16. Manufacture of machinery for food and beverage processing
17. Manufacture of machinery for textile, apparel and leather production
18. Manufacture of machinery for paper and paperboard production
19. Manufacture of plastics and rubber machinery
20. Waste treatment, disposal and material recovery
21. E-commerce services
22. Software development and publishing
23. Motion picture, video and television programme production, distribution, exhibition and photography
24. Music production, publishing and distributionFollow Us on Social Media