As he moves close to his first 100 days in office, President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of the secretary to the government of the federation, the chief of staff and two special advisers on national assembly matters. He also appointed the chief executives of two para-military agencies.
The appointments are as follows:
▪ Engr. – Secretary to the Government of the Federation
▪ Alhaji Abba Kyari – Chief of Staff to the President
▪ Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali (rtd.) – Comptroller-General, Nigerian Customs Service
▪ Mr. Kure Martin Abeshi – Comptroller-General, Nigerian Immigration Service
▪ Senator Ita S.J. Enang – SSA to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate)
▪ Hon. Suleiman A. Kawu – SSA to the President on National Assembly Matters (House of Representatives)
All the appointments are with effect from today, August 27, 2015.
Lawal, the new SGF hails from Hong Local Government Area, Adamawa State. A 1979 graduate of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, where he read Engineering, Lawal worked with the Delta Steel Company, Aladja, Nigerian External Telecommunications Limited and Data Sciences Limited before establishing his own ICT and Telecommunications consulting firm in 1990. Abba Kyari holds Bachelors and Masters Degrees from the University of Cambridge and the University of Warwick in Law and Sociology. He has worked with the New Nigeria Development Company, New Africa Holdings, African International Bank, United Bank for Africa, Unilever, and Mobil in various capacities over the years.
The new Comptroller-General of Customs, Col. Ali holds Bachelors and Masters Degrees in Criminology. He was military administrator of Kaduna State from 1996 to 1998.
The new Comptroller- General of Immigration, Abeshi hails from Nasarawa State. He joined the Nigerian Immigration Service in 1989 as an Assistant Comptroller. His educational qualifications include a Masters Degree in Public Administration.