No Fraud In Trailer Park Projects – Aregbesola

The government of Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State has debunked claims by the opposition People’s Democratic Party, PDP of fraud in Trailer Park projects in the state. A statement by Lani Baderinwa , commissioner of information and strategy made this known in a statement on Thursday. 

He said while it is true that attempts were made to build trailer parks in four locations connecting Osogbo, the state capital, the state did not spend any amount of money on the projects. According to him, the parks were awarded to Safeway Track Solution Ltd in 2011, on concessional basis. The Projects which would have cost N4.6 billion to build was expected to be operated by the company for 25 years, before being transferred to the state. However, during the 25-year period, the state would take 30% of the total earnings from there, leaving 70% for the concessionaire. 

Had the parks been built, they would have been in the Osogbo-Ikirun road, Osogbo-Ede road, Osogbo-Akoda road and Osogbo-Ilesa road. Safeway, by the agreement signed with the state government, also was expected to put in place at the parks all the necessary amenities. He said there was no financial commitment on the part of the state government, as “The concession agreement was that the company was going to be fully responsible for the project financing”. 

The commissioner said that the only input the state was required to make, and which it made, was the provision of land for the parks. That aspect costs N320 million as part of the N4.6 billion. But the company had challenges, which prevented it from executing the project as agreed. He said that explains why the state government revoked the contract. But while accusing PDP of deliberate mischief, Baderinwa said the records speak to characteristic transparency of Governor Rauf Aregbesola in the award of contract and governance issues. 

Follow Us on Social Media

Related posts

Select Language
error: Content is protected !!
WhatsApp WhatsApp us