The Nigerian military on Monday refuted claims that over 2000 people were killed in Baga, Borno State by men suspected to be members of the Boko Haram insurgency group.
Chris Olukolade, Major general and Director of Defence Information addressing a press conference on Monday, said about 150 people died in the terror onslaught.
He said since the unfortunate incident, a lot of speculation and conjectures had been circulated by a section of the media, particularly the online media regarding the number of casualties.
“Some claimed that over a thousand people were killed while others wrote with certainty that 2000 people lost their lives in that singular act.
“From all available evidences, the number of people who lost their lives during that attack has so far not exceeded about 150 in the interim”.
Olukokade, however, reiterated that necessary action was being taken to bring an end to the activities of the terrorist group and restore law and order in the affected communities.Follow Us on Social Media
TELL Magazine Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.