Egypt Court Drops Charges Against Mubarak

A court in Egypt has dropped charges against former President Hosni Mubarak over the killing of 239 protesters during the 2011 uprising against his government.

Charges against seven of Mubarak’s senior officials, including his interior minister, were also dropped.

His sons Gamal and Alaa were also cleared of separate corruption charges by the same court on Saturday.

Mubarak is serving a separate three-year sentence for embezzlement of public funds.

Farid al-Deeb, Mubarak’s lawyer, told AFP news agency said the verdict was a “good ruling that proved the integrity of Mubarak’s era.”

Mubarak, his former Interior Minister, Habib al-Adly, and six others had been convicted of conspiracy to kill and were sentenced to life in prison in June 2012, but a retrial was ordered last year.

Follow Us on Social Media

Related posts

Comments are closed.

Top
Share
Share
error: Content is protected !!
WhatsApp WhatsApp us